How To Gain Money Fast

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by iiExpozed, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iiExpozed

iiExpozed New Member

This method will only work if you are on a low TIER mine. Like 1-4. I suggest having a sugar cane farm because its a much lazier but more efficient way of getting money. Depending on the size of your farm you can make up to 30-40k within just a HOUR! The only problem with the farm method is that you have to be in your base for a longer period of time.

2. IceDragon1974

IceDragon1974 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I also use the mushroom farm. Works great

3. mushrooms don't work anymore i believe

4. IceDragon1974

You should perhaps test it first before posting. I just did it again on my island.
    Since I already have mycelium blocks on my island I did not need to buy them. TIP: use a hoe to work the ground around your mycelium blocks. Sometimes they spread increasing the number of mycelium blocks you have. It does happen that a mycelium block disappears after you farmed the mushroom. For that reason I have a lot of blocks all over my island. Also, sometimes when you farm a mushroom, the blocks are not visible, but due to a glitch they are there. No amount of bonemeal will let the Mushrooms grow big since there is a block blocking them. When it seems that bonemeal doesn't work, spawn to the capital and back. Sometimes the block will reappear and you can farm it.

But, getting back to the claim: mushrooms don't work anymore.

I have just now tested it on my island. I had some mycelium blocks with mushroom on my island. I always replant my mushrooms before selling. So I just needed some axes (I prefer iron axes since they are cheap.
    Here is my costs:
    • a Iron Pick Axe costs 95 gems (TIP - Never use your axe until it breaks. When its health turns red, sell it back to the shop for 90 gems. Thus an axe costs in effect only 5 gems).
    • a stack of 64 bones costs - 640 gems (I got 3 stacks of bonemeal).

I farmed until I have used all 3 stacks of bonemeal. It took me 28 minutes and 37 seconds to complete. Here is the result:

I got a total of 9x64 stacks of mushrooms and 22 single mushrooms (that is the total I had to sell AFTER I used some to respawn new mushrooms).

I got a total of 10.9k for the mushrooms. My costs were 640 gems for the bonemeal and 950 gems for 10axes (but I sold them back for 900 gems), so it was only 50 gems: Thus total costs were 690 gems.

That means I made a profit of 10k in only 28 minutes.

Perhaps you are not doing it right, but it works like a charm. Of course, since I can mine the higher tiers I rely less and less on mushroom farming. But I still do while I smelt my gold.

alwill101, Durnal and Thelichkingggg like this.
  5. @IceDragon1974 sorry i realized a planted the mushroom to close to town hall so it can't grow XD

IceDragon1974 likes this.
  6. IceDragon1974

ROFL :D

Durnal likes this.
  7. IceDragon1974

The nice thing about mushroom farming is that you do not need a huge area to farm. As long as you have a supply of axes and bonemeal you will make money.

Just some reminders: mycelium sometimes disappears when you harvest the bottom of the mushroom. One way to bypass buying new mycelium is to place a few blocks and use an hoe to work the ground around the mycelium. Sometimes it spreads naturally. Never let your axe break. I use iron axes. They work just as well as any other, but I buy them for 95 and sell them back for 90. Even if they have only a sliver of health left, you get 90 gems for one. So always stop using an axe just before it breaks and switch to a new one. And sell the old ones when you sell your mushrooms stacks.

8. alwill101

alwill101 Member

I love a man of math lol this is what i did all last update. i want to show off my old base that was so OP that helped me keep my mils lol

9. IceDragon1974

I just wish that players would understand that making millions is just a question of planning ahead a bit and working consistently to build up a money producing system. It takes time in the beginning, but once it is up and running it becomes easy and quick to get gems.

10. Sazzy101

Sazzy101 New Member

Wat u could do is get a fortune pick and mine and buy lapiz
    o_O

11. Mattb2291

Mattb2291 Member

Unfortunately I believe your statement is incorrect. Taking information from http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Lapis_Lazuli_Ore and knowing the cost of ore in the shop is 100 gems, and each lapis lazuli can be sold for 3.1 gems (assuming not premium). Mining the lapis ore with fortune could give a maximum of 32 lapis lazuli. 32 * 3.1 = 99.2, therefore this strategy will always lose gems for normal players.

If premium, I agree there is potential to make money due to the percentage increase in sale price. At a 25% increase in sale prices, each lapis lazuli would be sold for 3.875 gems, meaning to make profit, each lapis ore would need to return 26 lapis. Granted not the most accurate method or proof, but http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...sion/181640-the-ultimate-guide-to-fortune-iii indicates the average yield as almost 13 lapis lazuli per ore - again this does not seem to show a reliable money making method.

12. IceDragon1974

The only way to really make gems in the game is to reach a tier that has at least gold ore, mine gold, but preferably Iron also until you have a few stacks of ore and smelt it. While the ores smelt on your island you should add farming (mushrooms is the most profitable and quickest way). You farm mushroom (but sugar also work well) until all the ores have smelted and then you sell.

13. Now Teir 9 and teir 10 mines are op. You get around 50k-100k per 10-20mins

14. IceDragon1974

Yes, Tier 10 is really nice, but very expensive. Also, you need a lot of gems when you start upgrading your structures from Town Hall 7 and up. So even with 100k+ mined in about 15 min, it remains a grind to get the gems

15. True. But the thing is if you wana be rich. You gotta work :)

16. IceDragon1974

That is so true. :-D

17. Well if your scary that also can make you rich. (dont ask me why ;-;)

18. SullyMang

SullyMang Member

Also as an added tip:

If you don't need the gems immediately, don't spend them, especially if you have a safe place to store it or hide it from raids. If you hold on to a lot of iron/gold, you can wait until the next 2x weekend rolls around. Only cash them in when you need it otherwise :)

Within about a months time between the 2x weekends, I was able to save up and turn in to get about 12 million gems! Put a lot of good use into it and now saving up again. :)

19. Im doing that! I got 2dubs of iron blocks so far ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.