Practice Raid Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DiamondWarrior59, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure whether this counts as a bug, so I'm putting this in general.

Anyways, I just did a practice raid, and I died during the practice raid. When I teleported back to the hub after, I had 3 levels. Before the practice raid, I had 15. So I was still losing levels, despite it being a practice raid. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I am town hall 1.

Also, sometimes I would usually randomly forfeit the practice raid as I was rowing to the island on the boat. I would also lose any blocks I used during the practice raid.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Mattb2291

Mattb2291 Member

The "practice raid" effectively allows you to test your own island. From what I can gather (I'm no dev so don't quote me on it), you queue up on the raid server, raiding your own island. I've done it myself to try to test the range of the island defences.

Therefore, all the rules of a normal raid are applicable in a practice raid - if you die, you will lose items / levels; if you place blocks, they will be removed after the raid and you do not get them back; you will not be able to open chests to "raid" until after killing the Island Guardian; if you are successful, you get a +1 for your success and your island gets a -1 for it's defence.

Therefore, my belief is that Practice Raids are effectively you queuing up for a raid against your own island, and all the normal raid mechanics are applied.

3. How about the randomly forfeiting the raid part? That caused about 6 losses as I was trying to figure out what was happening.

4. Mattb2291

Mattb2291 Member

So raiding is sometimes buggy
    - I've joined a raid where there was already someone doing it (I think I joined their raid technically). They died, the guardian came after me, I killed it, and got the "Raid Failed" in the status box and couldn't loot.
    - I've killed their guardian, and then had an invisible "being" continue to attack me while I loot their island
    - I've been stuck inside boats and unable to leave the boat while the timer goes down
    - I've rowed to the shore, got out of the boat and it put me like 20 blocks away from the island

Since I think Practice Raids are effectively queuing up for a raid against your own island, I'm guessing Practice Raids are also buggy with the same mechanics.

Doesn't help you, but I don't think they are any less buggy than normal raids.

In terms of the losses, you're going to lose some of the time - I'm sure not even God Kings can survive all eventualities.

5. Ok. Thank you for the response. It was just frustrating to randomly be forced to lose on a practice raid then have it count as an actual loss in our stats. Well, I guess everyone will just have to deal with these issues until the team finds time to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.